Whew, it’s been a minute hasn’t it? What’s up beautiful people! Happy New Year (a few days late)!
I hope that you all had a super relaxing holiday season and that coming back from the time off hasn’t been too rough.
I definitely didn’t mean to let so much time slip by between posts but trust me. Life has been totally bananas as I’m sure you all can tell if you’ve been keeping up! Even though I’ve been slacking on updating the blog, I’ve been tweeting and ‘gramming non-stop. This year has started of with a bang, and I can’t wait to take you all along on this wild ride that I’m so lucky to be living day in and day out. Work has been ramping up since the end of 2015 and it looks like it has no intentions of slowing down.
Instead of doing the typical “New Year-New Me” type post that I’m sure you’re all expecting, let’s switch it up a little bit. I’m going to share some of the shit that I’ve rounded up from around the Interwebs and am OBSESSED with lately. Because everyone loves a good round-up post right? Right.
Here we go!
1. So now that we’re done and over with the holiday season, I officially have way more bottles of wine than I’ll be ever be able to drink (not that I’m not going to try or anything though). I hadn’t really realized how everyone defaults to giving a bottle as a hostess gift or something, but let’s get a little more creative here people. Piegram is this sick delivery service that lets you send a fresh baked pie to anyone in the world. Guys. If one of you sent me a pie, I’d be your biggest fan ever. Who doesn’t like pie?!? So cool! Check it out here.
2. I am really good at relaxing. Like ask anyone, I’m basically a professional when it comes to shutting off and enjoying life in the moment. One of the ways I achieve pure zen is by pulling out my coloring book and colored pencils. I think I was cruising Instagram or something when I saw someone way cooler than I claim that coloring was actually a fun way to relax and calm down after a really busy day…so what did I do? Used the shit out of my Amazon Prime account and proceeded to order every single coloring book I could find. I could practically hear my inner 5-year-old screaming in joy. And guys, believe it or not it actually works! Do yourself a favor and also invest in the most legit set of colored pencils you can find. Totally worth it! Check out my fav book here.
3. We’re in the process of slowly renovating our apartment (like, slooooooooooowly) and with all of the changes comes more space and desire to have people over to appreciate our updated space. I love to entertain, even if it’s just for family, primarily because I freaking love to cook. This article is full of invaluable advice for anyone looking to throw a dinner part, and I’ve used it as bible ever since moving out into the apartment. While you’re over at Cup of Jo, take some time to read her Motherhood Around the World series. It’s awesome!
4. Like I said, I love to cook for people and now apparently that can be a thing! I was searching around the web when I stumbled across Josephine. Have you ever wished you could have a yummy home-cooked meal without having to dirty a single pot or pan? Enter, Josephine! Home cooks can sign up through the website and cook meals to sell to strangers looking for a tasty meal, bascially a more personal kind of restaurant takeout. The concept is actually really cool, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t thinking about signing up as a chef!! Read some of the stories and comments about the service here.
5. I’ve been into really good-smelling stuff lately. As weird as it sounds, nothing is more comforting than walking into a home that smells REALLY nice. It’s one of those strange pleasures in life that I totally indulge in, and my candle obsession is getting mildly out of hand. The worst part is, HQ totally perpetuates it because he’s convinced burning a candle while I cook kills any smells that might linger over the stove!
I came across these papers that you can burn (similar to incense) that have a really peculiar scent. I still haven’t figured out if I like it or hate it, but it works incredibly well at masking unwanted odors. Stay tuned on my final opinion, but if you tend to cook really whiffy stuff consider ordering yourself some! Available here from Amazon.
7. I’m the worst at eating breakfast, but one of my New Years resolutions is to get back into a healthier frame of mind and to start making small changes to get my physical health back in shape as well. This Peanut Butter and Banana oatmeal sounds BOMB, I can’t wait to try it! What are your favorite kinds of portable breakfasts?
And that’s all she wrote! What have you been up to these days? What’s new and exciting in your life for 2016? Fill me in and catch me up!