Live your best life.
That’s been the theme of 2017 for me. I’ve been in the process of transitioning all parts of my life to living slightly more wholesome, cutting back on stress and instead nourishing my body from the inside out. Obviously I still indulge (more than I’d like, but hey…gotta give yourself grace) but I’ve been trying to find snacks that give me energy and aren’t filled with tons of additives or preservatives.
If you follow me over on IG Stories, you already know I love to eat because I also have a habit of snapping pics of every single meal that I consume or cook (I guess there are worse problems in the world, right?) Food = life and I’m a firm believer that foodies are the happiest people on the planet.
Typically, I’m much more of a “solid-three-meals-a-day” kind of girl but HQ has recently opened my eyes to the wonders of the SNACK!!! I’ve noticed that by constantly snacking on small bites throughout the day, my body maintains energy without any of that “3PM Slump” that I used to get hit with.
- H.K Anderson Valencia Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets: Okay so this is like borderline junk food snacks but guys who doesn’t love pretzels and peanut butter? Also- Costco. I was walking the snack aisle (dangerous) when I saw this gigantic tub of…wait for it…PEANUT BUTTER FILLED PRETZEL BITE THINGS. They’re awesome in moderation, salty and creamy… The perfect snack with a ton of crunch!
- Mini Baby-Bels: I LOVE these little guys! I don’t eat much dairy, but cheese is a weakness of mine. One of these with a handful of trail mix is the perfect snack to munch on in-between meals without totally weighing me down. They come in fun flavors too now, like Gouda and Pepper Jack!
- Tranquility Trail Mix: I’m not a huge fan of nuts or anything, but trail mix totally hits the spot when I feel like shoving handfuls of stuff into my mouth that is slightly healthier than Sour Cream and Onion potato chips (my weakness.) Of course, trail mix HAS to have chocolate in it or what even is the point? This mix is the only snack you need in your life and the best part is that it’s totally portable! Hooray!
- Cuties: It’s so funny, I’m not really a FRUIT person per-se but who could resist these little guys? They’re so portable, I just throw them in the top of my bag and bam. That’s it!
- Maple Spice Instant Oatmeal: I know that oatmeal is kinda like breakfast, but tbh…when I have it for breakfast, I’m always STARVING like…two hours later. Even when I pile on the fruit and granola on top of it! So instead of trying to make something work that clearly isn’t going to work, I have a packet of this as a snack and call it a day.
And that’s it! Those are my top five must-haves that are guaranteed to be stock in our pantry at any given time and I’m obseeeessssed! Over the next few months I”m really hoping to transition away from eating pre-packaged foods and instead eat more wholesome options but for now? This works 🙂
What are your favorite snacks?
Share ’em in the comments below!